Before we go look at home we will sit down for an initial discussion on what you are looking for. This will help me determine what kind of home you desire, what area of town, schools or lifestyles to consider.
Things to think about:
- What does my home look like?
- What part of town?
- Specific school district?
- Close to amenities – which are important to you?
- Type of home (1/2 story, contemporary, ranch, move in ready)
- Number of bedrooms/baths
- HOA ok or not
- Pool or no Pool
Then we will tour homes based on our discussion. It might be helpful to take notes on all the homes you visit. You will see a lot of houses! It can be hard to remember everything about them, so you might want to take pictures or video to help you remember each home.
It’s also important to evaluate the neighborhood and make a note of things such as:
- Are the other homes on the block well maintained?
- How much traffic does the street get?
- Is there enough street parking for your family and visitors?
- Is it conveniently located near places of interest to you: schools, shopping centers, restaurants, parks, and public transportation?
Take as much time as you need to find the right home. Then work with your real estate agent to negotiate a fair offer based on the value of comparable homes in the same neighborhood. Once you and the seller have reached agreement on a price, the house will go into escrow, which is the period of time it takes to complete all of the remaining steps in the home buying process.